Sunday, January 20, 2008

On my poetry.

i wrote this a while back..its inspired by the females around the world. About how they create and inspire but with the passage of time they all grow old, life gets in the way,and all tht creativity is forgotten, and erased, and never truly acknowledged.

On my poetry.

So Let your faces shine with my light.
I am, But a firefly.
I'll vanish before dawn's early glow.
At whose very steps the Darkness scatters.
I am, But a two-day jewel.
All Glow and Shimmer, yet in the end,
I too will join the lonely box of Stones.
For far superior are those, those Age and Time;
The tiniest speckle of my fire will erase.
Until even I will question the existence,
Of that Something,
I so treasured.

So be pleased with these works of art,
These Luckless Masterpieces.
No marble halls or glittering galleries will be their abode.
They too will fade away,
with the dust of the world.
Hold this dear now,
Cherish and Treasure.
Moonlight peeps in for only a few special moments.
The rest is dark Night.

1 comment:

Ali said...

u honestly didnt understand what i meant by ceteris paribus in the poem?

maybe reread it? i added on a bit.