Thursday, January 17, 2008

13

This was was written by an extraordinarily talented friend of mine, Dorothy Quimora. It's by far the most amazing love poetry i've read in a very long time.

I am nothing but an ordinary stone statue

Whom you endlessly try to coat with melted pure gold

(I may not be completely tangible without you

For your arms protect me from all hazards I behold)


I am not quite blessed with anything but living breath

That I attempt to bring the best out of and survive

(Yet you are there to take away those objects I dread)

Even if often unrequited, for me you strive)


I am composed of flaws, and faults, and imperfections

Splashed with tears and decked with pain, enough of which to bleed

(A stereotype of the world and all its nations

Although you do know that, you never seem to take heed)


I am a speck of dust in the face of universe

What the skies refer to as a vernacular scene

(I do not understand, you chose to be doomed and cursed

It is I you love; me with which your life shall begin

No comments: